Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 61 ~ September 30, 2010

This is the baby's "coming home" outfit. The shirt is a long-sleeved onesie that looks like a button-up, collared dress shirt and the pants are a brown corduroy. So cute! Zach and I picked this out together at Kohl's this evening.

Today started off as a great day and then turned into a disappointing one this afternoon. I slept in this morning, got up and ate breakfast and then took a shower and got ready for the day. I ate lunch and then decided to pack my bag to go to the hospital tonight. As I've mentioned, we were supposed to go to the OB department after our prenatal class tonight to be induced.

Well, around 2:00 this afternoon I got a call from my doctor's office saying that they needed to reschedule my 4:00 appointment because the doctor was going home sick. I explained that I was supposed to be seen so that I could be scheduled for an induction tonight and she said she'd call me back. After speaking with the doctor, she informed me that he would not be able to induce me tonight. She made an appointment for me to see the midwife tomorrow morning at 10:00, so I'm really hoping she will agree to induce me sometime tomorrow. I'm worried that she will tell me to wait until Monday morning since it's the weekend and Dr. Eckman is sick. Our fingers are crossed that we will be able to be induced tomorrow and meet our baby boy very soon.

Since I was upset about not being induced tonight, Zach and I decided to take off on a little road trip. We drove north about an hour and a half to the Quad Cities and went to Babies R Us to exchange a product and buy a few things. Then we went to Kohl's and bought this adorable outfit pictured above. Then we enjoyed a *nice* meal at Pizza Hut. It was great to spend the evening with him and I'm hoping (no offense to my husband at all) that it was our last! I really want my baby boy in my arms as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment