Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 35 ~ September 4, 2010

Today was a pretty normal Saturday with only a few exceptions. I got up and ate breakfast, showered and got ready for the day. My mom and I went to town in the early afternoon to get groceries as we do most every Saturday. When we got home, I got online and was able to talk to Zach on Skype for a couple hours.

Tonight, I went to Colchester again, only this time I didn't go uptown to the Labor Day festivities. This weekend was my dad's 30th high school reunion and I stopped in after dinner to meet some of his classmates. It was nice to meet them and my dad was definitely enjoying mingling with some of his former classmates. After the reunion finished up, I headed back to Macomb and went to my former roommate Laura's house.

Laura and I talked and caught up briefly for a little while when I first got there. Then we put in Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa and "watched" the movie while we continue to talk and catch up. We have a bit of a history with the movie Madagascar from when we lived together in Thompson Hall our freshman year. We even had a betta fish who we named King Julian, so it only seemed appropriate that we watch that movie. I had a really great time spending time with her this evening and I hope we're able to do it again in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment