Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 40 ~ September 9, 2010

Today I went shopping in the Quad Cities with my mom. We went to Babies R Us because I got my 10% off anything remaining on my registry coupon and there were definitely some things I still needed to get. I spent around $480 which is not hard to do, but I think I got some really great stuff.

I got a My Brest Friend breastfeeding pillow, a pack-n-play (that matches the travel system), the Angelcare Movement & Sound Monitor, a Moby Wrap, a warm mist humidifier, a car mirror with light and calming music, a travel kit with a thermometer, medicine dropper, nail clippers, etc., diaper genie refills (and I exchanged my diaper genie because the one I received at my shower was broken), size newborn diapers, and breastfeeding pads. I probably got more than that, but I just gathered up a few of the items for this picture. I just have a couple more things to get and then we'll be all set!

Today was also our 3rd night of birthing class. Tonight we talked about the transition stage of labor and we practiced relaxing positions and breathing techniques. One thing we did to practice was clench ice in our fist to simulate a contraction while we breathed through it. It's a pretty good way to practice because it really is uncomfortable to hold ice in your hand. The breathing techniques are helpful for concentrating on something other than the "pain". We also took a tour of the Ob Department at the hospital where I'll be delivering.

No comments:

Post a Comment