Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 33 ~ September 2, 2010

This may look like a plain, boring box to most people, but to a soldier in Iraq this is one of the most exciting things in his/her day. This is a picture of a small care package I've put together for my husband who is serving his second tour in Iraq. He's been gone for almost 3 months and still has approximately 9 months left to serve. He is not involved in the "pull out" of Iraq, so he is still there supporting Operation New Dawn.

Zach doesn't ask for me to send him much, but when he does ask for something I do my best to get it to him. He's really been wanting some caramel corn lately, so I got him a box of microwaveable caramel corn. He also said his lips were really dry and chapped so I'm sending him a 3-pack of Carmex lip balm. Our nieces also drew him some pictures and wrote "I love you Uncle Zach" and we put those in the box as well. While it may not seem like much to you and me, I know Zach will appreciate this box of goodies from home.

If you ever have the opportunity to send a care package to a soldier serving overseas please take advantage of it. They need to know that they have our support and oftentimes the littlest things mean the most in their lives. I'm proud to be an Army Wife and I love and support my husband 110%.

No comments:

Post a Comment