Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 50 ~ September 19, 2010

Today I met some relatives that I'd never met before. They're distant relatives on my dad's side that I had not had the pleasure of meeting before today. If I had met any of them before, it was when I was young and don't remember them.

Pictured is my dad with his cousin Tricia. We were all gathered today in honor of Tricia who is visiting for a few days. Tricia lives in Montana, but is undergoing treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for a treatable, but not curable, cancer. She had a few days off of treatments and decided to make a trip down to Illinois to spend time with family and friends. I keep up with her on Facebook, but it was nice to finally meet the woman I've gotten to know over the internet.

I ask anyone who reads this to please say a prayer for Tricia and all the other people around the world who are struggling with cancer or disease of any kind. Oftentimes, we think about those who are suffering only when we know them. There is always someone out there who could use a prayer, even from a complete stranger. So make someone's day by sacrificing just a few seconds of yours.

1 comment:

  1. Awww....Tiff, I have tears running down my cheeks after reading this. You are so sweet and write so well. I'm so glad I got to see you all grown up and now starting your own family. I pray for Zach all the time and glad he is making it home for the babys birth. Take care of yourself and that little baby. Enjoy every minute, good and bad!!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete