Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 54 ~ September 23, 2010

There's a full moon tonight. I mentioned yesterday that there is some belief in a full moon triggering a woman's labor. So far, that isn't proving to be true for me. Hopefully my little guy holds out for a few more days until his daddy gets home on leave from Iraq.

Today was another slow and pretty much uneventful day. I talked to Zach on Skype and washed some baby blankets and put them away in his dresser. Then my nieces came over after school and I helped them with their homework and we made tuna salad. They also helped me fold and put away the blankets I had washed. We ate tacos for supper and then their mom came and picked them up.

My mom and I went to a prenatal class on C-sections tonight. Of course, I don't intend to have a C-section, but since the classes are free (and I have nothing better to do on a Thursday night) I decided to go and get as much information on the subject as I could...just in case. After attending the class, I am much more open to the idea of a C-section, should it be deemed necessary for my health or the health of the baby. Originally, I had viewed having a C-section as a failure on my part. I now understand more about the procedure and I don't think I would be as hard on myself for having one, should it be necessary. The most important thing is having a healthy Mommy and Baby at the end of the delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment