Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 42 ~ September 11, 2010

Today was the second day of the balloon rally. I got up around 4:30 this morning to get ready for the morning flight. We met at my aunt's house around 5:15 and left for the pilot's meeting. They met and were told to come back at 7:15 for another meeting to see if the weather conditions had changed. Unfortunately, they decided that the fields were too wet and the clouds were too low to fly.

I went home and went back to bed for about 3 or 4 more hours and then got up and went to town to shop with my mom. We went home and changed clothes and then headed back into my aunt's house for the evening meeting and flight.

The winds were a little high for the evening flight so it was up to the pilots on whether or not they felt comfortable flying. Our pilot, Donn, decided not to fly so we helped my cousin Spencer set up his balloon to fly. We set up and then drove to the field where he would attempt to land. Luckily, he calculated his direction correctly and landed in the field. After he was down, we set up Donn's balloon for the glow. The picture is of "our" balloon (the one we help and crew for), Brighton Up. I was sad that we didn't fly, but at least we set the balloon up.

No comments:

Post a Comment