Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 41 ~ September 10, 2010

Tonight was the first night of Macomb's Annual Balloon Rally. My family and I have helped with this balloon rally for about 7 or 8 years now and we always have a good time. This is a picture of my cousin Spencer's balloon, Old Glory. Spencer has been around hot air balloons since he was 3 or 4 years old and he recently got his pilot's license (in the last 2 years) so he can fly on his own. He participates in balloon rallies all over the country including Indianola and Albuquerque and, of course, Macomb.

We didn't get to fly tonight because the winds were too strong and there was a storm moving in rather quickly. Spencer set up his balloon in the field so that it wouldn't be a total disappointment for all the spectators who came out to see them tonight. We left the balloon up for about 10-15 minutes and then took it down once the lightning started moving in.

The rally continues into tomorrow. We are hoping the rain moves through and clears out so that we can have some successful flights tomorrow. There's a pilot's meeting at 6 in the morning so I have to be up by about 4:30 to get ready to leave for that. We'll *hopefully* fly in the morning and again tomorrow evening (weather permitting, of course). Tomorrow evening is also the glow, where all the balloons set up in the field and *glow* (otherwise known as lighting their burners) for all the spectators to see. I just hope the weather cooperates tomorrow so we can have a fun weekend of flying!

On another note, I had my 36 week appointment today. I've gained 26lbs so far and I'm measuring right at 36 weeks. The baby is in the head down position (yay!) and the midwife is guessing him to be in the high 5's/low 6's for weight right now. His heart rate was between high 130's and low 140's which is right where it has been the past couple months. Mommy and Baby are both doing well and he will be here in just a few weeks. Now, I go back for appointments every Friday until my due date.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats pretty neat! My Aunt used to live in Albuquerque and used to help plan for the balloon show. I always wanted to go see it but never got the chance. Mentioning that you are going to the early morning pilots' meeting.... you pilot?!? Congrats on reaching 36 weeks! At 37... you are considered to be full term! Almost there!!! Way to go Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete