Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 59 ~ September 28, 2010

Yesterday, September 27, was Zach's grandparents' 57th wedding anniversary. His dad's parents, Harry & Rose Lotz, are such a wonderful example for all of us to look up to. They've spent their lives together raising 9 children and loving on dozens of grandchildren and even a few great-grandchildren. I hope that Zach and I will someday be able to compare our lives and our marriage to this wonderful couple.

We celebrated with Harry and Rose by going out to eat at Ponderosa Steakhouse in Macomb with Zach's mom and dad, sister, and our sister-in-law. We had an enjoyable evening eating dinner and sharing conversations.

Earlier today, Zach and I pretty much just relaxed at home. We did a few loads of laundry to get everything ready for when the baby arrives and we watched a movie this afternoon. We went out to eat for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings with Zach's mom, Cathy, and our sister-in-law, Stephanie. Just before dinner with his grandparents, we had a few maternity pictures taken by my friend Sarah. We'd taken some pictures before Zach deployed in June, but I wanted to have a few more now that I actually have a belly. Sarah did a great job, and I'm so happy she was willing to do those for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment