Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 29 ~ August 29, 2010

Today was my 3rd and final baby shower. It was hosted by my grandma, great aunt and two of my aunts and it was held at my Great Aunt Mary's house in Blandinsville. We had such a great time and Baby Lotz got lots of wonderful gifts from all of our family. In this picture is my lovely mom, Anne (black outfit on the left) and me, the excited mother-to-be.

We started the party with a couple games. The first was a questionnaire about famous nursery rhymes. My Great Aunt Joan won that one by getting the most correct answers. The second game was a word scramble with baby-related words. I, along with my mom and my Great Aunt Martha, was able to unscramble every single one of the words! It made us think, but it was still a fun game to play.

Then we moved on to me opening gifts. The baby received lots of cute outfits, books, diapers, our bedding set, a crib mattress, and many other great items. I am so thankful to have such a loving family who cares for us and supports us.

We finished off the shower by enjoying some yummy jello cake, mints, and mixed nuts. I was so glad to spend the day with my family. I had an awesome time, and I thank my grandma and aunts for throwing us such a great party!

After returning home from the shower, I washed the baby bedding and started putting the crib together. I'm so excited that the nursery is finally starting to look like a nursery! Granted, there are still gift bags EVERYWHERE that I need to sort through, but at least my little guy has a comfy place to sleep and a dresser for his clothes. Not to mention a huge family that loves him already!

No comments:

Post a Comment