Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 12 ~ August 12, 2010

Today was a pretty busy day for me. I got up early to talk to Zach, but he was busy so we only talked for about 3 minutes. :( After that I showered and relaxed for a bit.

This afternoon I went to Fun City, a waterpark in Burlington, IA, with my in-laws and spent time in the lazy river and the swimming pool (I couldn't go down any slides so that was disappointing). It was a good time, but being out in the sun wiped me out.

So, onto my picture. Tonight was my first night of prenatal classes! My mom is going to the classes with me, since Zach is in Iraq and tonight we attended the child safety course. We were given several handouts and the nurse (from the OB dept) went over basic car seat safety. We also watched a short movie about first aid and emergency situations. By attending the class, we received a certificate to attend a CPR training course (a certified one) for free! We'll be taking that course next Tuesday night. The picture is of the handouts and our CPR certificates. There is also a Halo Swaddler which I won in a drawing!

My prenatal classes are every Thursday night until I deliver (basically). I'm looking forward to all that they have to offer. They're provided by the hospital where I will be delivering and they're free so I plan on taking them all (next week is breastfeeding). I'd rather be armed with knowledge I won't need rather than not know what to do in a given situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment