Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 27 ~ August 27, 2010

Today's picture is another random one. Here is my pet turtle, Buddy. My sister brought me Buddy when I was in the 4th grade (about 10 years ago). A friend of hers found him and offered him to me as a pet. When I got him his shell was about 2 inches long from his head to his tail. Now, he's about 6 inches from head to tail. He's grown quite a bit, but is still pretty small for a turtle. Turtles don't outgrow their environment, so he won't get any bigger than he is now.

Buddy is a painted turtle. His underside is bright orange with a yellow design in it. He hangs out in his 10 gallon aquarium complete with water, a floating dock, several rocks, a lamp, a heater, and his filter.

My day today was pretty busy. I had some Mary Kay orders to deliver and I also had my 34-week appointment with my ObGyn. We discussed some questions I had and he said that he would agree to induce me anytime in my 39th week so that the baby will come when Daddy is home on leave. He also told me that many women would be jealous of the fact that I have no stretch marks and I still have ankles. :P

Tonight I had a *BIG* Mary Kay party. I did one for a friend of mine who is now an RA in her Residence Hall and there were about 15 girls present. Luckily, I had the assistance of my director and a fellow consultant otherwise I may have been in over my head.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I love turtles!!!! My brother had one when we were younger that was a painted as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a turtle his name was Fluffy but he died shortly after I got him, Then my Sister and Dad went one day and got me a new turtle his name is Velcro. My sister took him for one summer while I was camping and I still have not gotten him back my nephew calls him HIS turtle. Maybe one day will go down and take a picture of Velcro He is a white troat musk turtle. Fluffy was a slider turtle.

    ReplyDelete