Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 13 ~ August 13, 2010

I got my travel system! I'm so excited! After months of researching and changing my mind about 3 times, I finally decided on this model. It's the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe with the SnugRide Infant Carseat.

I was having trouble deciding between this and two others. Both of the others were similar, but they came with larger carseats (one with the SnugRide 32 and the other with the SnugRide 35). I decided to go with the regular SnugRide based on space in my backseat (I drive a tiny Toyota Corolla). I'd also read reviews that the larger ones didn't fit well in shopping carts and restaurant booths. Plus, who wants to carry around a carseat with a 35lb baby in it?!

I was excited when I got to the store because I found out there was a sale (with coupon) that gave $10 off every $50 you spend, so I ended up saving $50 total on this travel system. It might not sound like much, but when you're buying baby stuff, every dollar counts. I'm sure my husband will be glad when he hears that I saved some money!

While I was in Peoria, I met up with a friend from college, Crystal and her boyfriend Andrew. We went to dinner at Panera Bread Company and then they went with me to Babies R Us to help me decide on which one to get. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them and Andrew was a big help when it came to getting the big 'ol box in the car!

I also ordered my crib and dresser/changing table online today as well as the conversion kits to change the crib into a toddler bed and day bed/full bed. This was the first day that I've bought things for the baby (other than little stuff at yard sales) so I went all out! Haha, it was a great day overall, and buying the baby stuff makes it that much more real that he's going to be here very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment