Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 21 ~ August 21, 2010

Today was my second baby shower. This one was at my Mother-in-Law's house with all of Zach's family. We had fun playing games, eating cake and ice cream, and opening gifts!

The first game we played we had to guess what kind of baby food was in 7 different jars. We could smell them and taste them (I didn't taste any of them) to try to figure it out. I only missed one (I put strawberry banana and it was just banana) out of seven! For the second game, we had to fill in the blanks on 15 nursery rhymes. It was fun to see what I actually remembered! The last game we played was super easy for me. I was given a list of attributes (eyes, ears, nose, legs, smile, etc) and I had to choose if I wanted the baby to get Mommy's or Daddy's. Then the guests chose and they were trying to guess what I would pick. So whoever had their answers the closest to mine, won. Zach's Grandma Lotz was funny because she somehow managed to guess opposite of me on every single one!

After games, we had cake and ice cream. The cake was really good (and that's saying something because I don't like cake)! Once everyone had finished their food, I started opening gifts. We received some wonderful gifts from everyone (blankets, lots of cute clothes, socks, bibs, a diaper genie, toys, etc)! While I was opening gifts we passed around a sheet and had everyone guess the baby's name (they were given a list of 5 to choose from), birthdate, weight, and height. It'll be interesting to see who is the closest.

Today is also my husband's 23rd birthday! I talked to him for a little bit on Skype this morning/afternoon. I'm sad that he can't really do anything to celebrate, but some of the guys at work brought him a piece of cake and sang him Happy Birthday. They also let him come into work late and he went out for pizza for lunch. Not exactly how every 23-year-old hopes to spend their birthday, but I told him we'd do something fun to celebrate when he comes home in about 6 weeks. Happy Birthday, sweetheart! We love and miss you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment