Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 16 ~ August 16, 2010

Here is an updated picture of the "nursery". We've been working on cleaning things out to make room for baby stuff. You can actually see the floor and the far wall now! It's going to take a little while longer, but we made good progress tonight.

I had my 32 week appointment today as well. It went great! I've gained about 19 1/2 lbs so far (my goal is to only gain 25 lbs so we'll see...) and my blood pressure was excellent (a little low, but that's normal for me and it's better than being high). My belly measured 31 centimeters so it's a *little* small, but nothing to be concerned about. Baby's heartrate was in the 140s and he was moving all around! I'm so blessed to be having such a wonderful pregnancy thus far! The nurse practitioner said she wished they could give my pregnancy to all of their patients!

After my appointment, I met a good friend for lunch at Subway. She couldn't make it to my shower yesterday and had a gift for me so we met for lunch. It was very nice to see her and catch up. After lunch I went to a Mary Kay training session at my director's house and that was a lot of fun (and very educational)!

I'd like to congratulate my dear friend Christy and her husband, Kenny, on the birth of their first baby (a girl!), Graiclyn Marie Ray. She was born at 3:24 pm, weighed 6lbs 4oz and was 20 3/4 in long! Mommy and baby are both doing excellent and she's is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to go to the hospital tomorrow to see her! I'd also like to congratulate another friend, Mercedes and her boyfriend, Jason, on the birth of their first baby (also a girl!) Mylee Jo Chenoweth. She was born at 10:01 pm last night, weighed 6lbs 5oz and was 19 1/2 in long! Mylee and Mercedes are both doing well also, and I'm hoping to stop in and see them as well tomorrow!

Babies, babies, babies everywhere! I'm so happy for all of my friends who have had their little bundles of joy, but it makes me want my little guy soooo much! But, I would rather he stay put for a few (like 7) more weeks so he can grow strong and healthy in Mommy's belly. Ahh, my time will come! Until then, I'll cuddle up on everyone else's babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment