Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 11 ~ August 11, 2010

Today's picture shows a pretty common scene here in West Central Illinois during the summertime: mowing the lawn. Nearly every day (when it's not raining) you'll see someone out mowing their yard. Here is my mom, Anne, doing just that.

We've had a great deal of rain this summer and that has caused the grass to grow especially fast. My parents and my brother usually mow the yard about every 2-3 days just to keep up.

Mowing is something I've actually never done.When I was younger, I didn't weigh enough to keep the safety seat down (the lawn mower automatically shuts off when pressure is lifted from the seat) so I wasn't able to use the riding mower. I never wanted to do the push mowing, either. Now that I'm pregnant, I don't mow the yard for obvious reasons.

Anyhow, here is my beautiful mom working hard in the 90-something degree weather. You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment