Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 15 ~ August 15, 2010

Today was my first of three baby showers. This is a picture of the entire group that was there today, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the turnout! Today's shower was with my friends and then I have two family showers the next two weekends.

We started the shower with some fun baby games. We were randomly partnered with another guest and the whole group was split into two teams. One partner put her hands behind her back while the other reached through and undressed a baby doll. Then the next pair of partners had to do the same thing, only they had to dress the baby. This continued through each pair of partners until the last pair went. The group that finished first received a prize.

The second game consisted of guests choosing an amount of toilet paper that they thought would reach around my belly. There were 3 ladies who chose the exact number of squares (10) and they each received a prize.

After games we moved on to cake and chocolate covered strawberries (graciously donated by the owner of a local restaurant). The cake was very adorable and had little blue booties on it along with the words "Welcome Baby Lotz" and pretty blue frosting flowers. After everyone finished eating I opened gifts.

It was such a wonderful day and I'm so thankful for my best friend Ali and my sister Mindy taking time out of their very busy schedules to plan such a fantastic shower. I really hope all of the guests enjoyed it as much as I did, and I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment