Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 67 ~ October 6, 2010

Today was my due date. Today is also the day that we're going home!

Here is Rowen in his car seat, all strapped in and ready to leave. He's wearing his adorable going-home outfit, although it's a tad big on him. He's still adorable.

We were beginning to think that we wouldn't be going home today after all. Rowen was circumcised this morning and they told us that we could leave once he'd had one wet diaper. No problem, we thought, and began to pack all of our things and get ready to leave.

Hours went by and he hadn't had a wet diaper. I'd nursed him a few times, and still nothing. We tried holding his feet under warm water to try and make him go and that still didn't work. They finally let us leave before he'd had a wet diaper, and told us to come back if he didn't have one soon.

When we arrived at home, we laid him down in his crib for the first time. I thought it would be a good idea to get him out of his "nice" clothes and into something a bit more comfortable for the evening. While we had him undressed (in his crib, let me remind you) we decided to check his diaper to see if he had gone yet. While Daddy had his diaper undone (which was dry, by the way), the little tyke decided to let loose. He peed on Daddy, on Mommy, and ALL OVER his bedding. We had to change the sheets before he even had a chance to sleep on them.

At that moment I knew that I was going to have my hands full with this little guy. Welcome to motherhood, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment